If a skin care product ever bore a silver lining
then moisturisers would be it
Your skin is a massive multi tasker.
Which is why moisturising, is all about feeding your skin cells the good stuff.
But did you know, whilst your skin is the largest organ on the body, it’s also the last organ to receive nourishment from internal nutrients or water?
Because of this your skin gets hungry, it requires regular feeding.
That’s right, just like your body your skin gets TIRED and OVERWORKED, it easily uses up all of its energy reserves.
So be warned, if you’re not nourishing your skin both topically and from within, it can become severely depleted; fortunately this is where your wonderful moisturiser steps in.
When Your Skin Gets Upset
Should your skins moisture balance become disrupted, a cycle of events begin:
- The inter-cellular glue between the skin cells breaks down
- This creates gaps in the cellular walls
- The protective barrier function gets off balance
- The acid mantle becomes impaired
- This sets off inflammation in the skins tissues
Hopefully you can see where I’m going with this.
Basically if you give your skin the protection it needs today, it will prevent your skin from looking like cracked, leather cowhide in the future, just saying!
Why moisturisers are King
- They help to prevent premature ageing
- They calm inflammation, by creating a protective film over the skin
- They help to replace missing ingredients and natural oils
- Moisturisers for dry, dehydrated skin contain humectants that prevent water loss
- Moisturisers designed for oily, combination skin contain specific ingredients, that slow the flow of oil from sebaceous glands
- Moisturisers designed for blemishes contain anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, that clean out pores, preventing pimples
- They contain protective ingredients like emollients, which keep the inter-cellular glue together, helping with normal barrier function
Why it’s Important to Know your Skin Type
You’re unique and a good moisturiser will allow for this.
Head over to my skin code to check out your skin type, from there you will know the moisturiser that will best suit your skin.
Combine this with A+ retinol sleep complex, when your at rest your skin gets busy repairing and regenerating.
Moisturising Gels: A base such as this is ideal for a combination or oily skin.
I appreciate it is easy to make the mistake of not moisturising, especially if your skin feels like an oil slick.
Equilibrium balancing gel moisturiser, will help to normalise your skin without being to greasy, helping your skin to recover it’s natural balance and bloom.
This light weight gel moisturiser is also a great hydrator, an important factor, because oily skin types are often dehydrated, and produce more oil to compensate for this loss of water..
My focus at The Naked chemist is all about achieving healthy skin, through the use of intelligent skin identical ingredients.
Extracts, ceramides, vitamins, minerals, humectants and essential fatty acids, are just a few of the key ingredients found in my moisturisers.
Important skin identicals ingredients, that will help to restore your skin back to optimum health.
Yours in skin health. Samantha