Like you, we love all things beauty.
For this reason, we have put together these tips to learn to apply eyeliner like a pro.
When we think about enhancing our eyes, eye pencils are the first thing we reach for.
But eye pencils can be difficult to use, they don’t offer great longevity and tend to smear.
The best tip for dealing with this problem is from Bobby Brown; She suggests to layer powder shadow over the top of the pencil application, which helps to keep eyeliner in place.
Let’s look at what exactly is involved in knowing how to apply eyeliner like a pro.
Once you have your eyeliner application nailed, why not compliment your look with fabulous lashes and brows which you can read about here.
Applying eyeliner professionally
Draw the pencil across the lashes, to achieve the perfect line.
Use short feathery strokes and repeat this process, which will help avoid any cracks in the line, and then smudge the line with a brush.
As discussed above, you want to give your pencil real staying power; this can be achieved, by sweeping a layer of powdered eye shadow, in a complementary shade over the pencil.
Tips on how to apply eyeliner.
It’s not always easy to know how to apply eyeliner; the trick is to get your liner as close to the lash line as possible, this will ensure there are no obvious gaps, helping to make your lashes look much thicker.
- do ensure your eyeliner is thicker at the outer corner of your eye and thinner as you move toward the inner corner, which helps to accentuate the natural shape of the eye
- do opt for brown or charcoals if you are planning anti ageing make up look, as black is very harsh and can make the eyes appear much smaller
- don’t Let the top and bottom lines of your liner look too matte; this will make them look much smaller than they actually are
- don’t use bright garish colours; this can look really dated, these eye makeup tips will help to get you started
- don’t line just the bottom of the eye as this will close the eye down
- don’t apply your eyeliner to the inside rim of your eyelids, rather than making your eyes look wide and open
- don’t line only halfway across the eyes; this will cut the eye off midway and look really unnatural
- eyeliner can make your small eyes look even smaller, which some people may not prefer on themselves. If you have small eyes, avoid lining the entire eyes since doing this can close them off and make them look even smaller. Instead, keep your liner contained to the outer corners of your eyes
- sometimes it can be difficult to get close enough to the base of your lashes. Avoid any awkward gap between your lashes and eyeliner by slightly pulling up on the lower half of your upper eyelid while lining the lashes. This gives you access to any bare areas next to your lashes that still need some liner love.
If you are looking to get creative, then these iconic eyeliner tips by Maybelline are a great place to start.