Skin is beautiful at any age.
However, our skin starts to change as we reach our 50’s.
The breakdown of collagen and elastin fibres in the dermis, causes our internal scaffolding to become shaky,
Which can lead to dreaded lines, forehead wrinkles, crows feet and jowls.
As if that isn’t enough, to much sun exposure, can appear as sensitivity, inflammation, broken capillaries and thick, crepe skin, making the skin ruddy and unsightly.
At this age, avid sun worshipers will be familiar with an uneven skin tone and pigmentation, especially on the face, hands and neck.
Obviously, all of these skin conditions can make us feel really self conscious,
Its time to step up your skin care routine at this age ladies.
So here’s a run down of my top skincare tips, that are designed to restore that youthful glow.
- My top tip is to keep inflammation to a minimum.
- Try to choose products that avoid chemical nasties
- Treat your skin all day long, with time released products
- Ensure you use a good UVA and UVB sun protector on your face, neck and decollete
- Use well formulated products with humectants, which will help to improve hydration, read about this in the clear skin difference
- Use cosmeceuticals with advanced active ingredients, such as Vitamin C, A,Urea and Ceramides
- Avoid what I call lipid dry skin, which is caused by the reduction of sebaceous oil, which means your skin loses its ability to hold the oil that keeps your skin soft and supple
THE NAKED TRUTH
Now more than ever, you need to have a good anti ageing skin care regime in place, that will help you maintain a healthy, youthful looking skin.
Follow the link, for an interesting read on the physilogical effects of ageing.
If you do have a specific question about ageing, please do contact me, I can offer advice on the best anti ageing regime to follow, and treatments that may target any specific concerns you have.
I may even be able to customise a treatment formula especially for you, that will address your specific skin concerns.