The most sought-after treatments in my clinic are those that address ageing skin, therefore I devote constant attention to understanding how to confront the myriad of aggressors that lead to visible lines, wrinkles, and dullness.
C+ is a next-generation serum combining the latest in Vitamin C research technology, with each ingredient has been specifically selected for its role on the skin.
Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is a powerful antioxidant that integrates into the structure of the skin harmoniously; it aids in collagen and elastin synthesis and reduces the appearance of hyper pigmentation on the skin. It is incredibly stable and unlike L-ascorbic acid, it doesn’t oxidise in light, heat or oxygen. It is also more readily taken up by the skin cells than other direct acting forms of topical Vitamin C, with 86 % conversion to Ascorbic Acid in the dermis.
When synergistically blended with powerful antioxidants Ferulic Acid and Vitamin E, its role on the skin becomes two fold; Enhancing the cells protection against environmental stress caused by free radicals that contribute to atmospheric ageing, whilst also stabilising Ethyl ascorbic acid further, creating a highly potent, long-lasting formula.
Mandelic acid (AHA)
The intelligent and multitasking AHA. Able to selectively target areas of concern whilst working in perfect synergy with the vitamin C converted in the epidermis.
• Lipophilic (oil-loving) which penetrates the pores rapidly to remove trapped dead cells and regulate excess production of oil. This in turn minimises pore size and reduces T-Zone shine
• A potent antibacterial properties. Selectively targets harmful P.acnes bacteria making it an ideal acid for improving acne
• Gentle for sensitive skin
• Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation in conjunction with L-ascorbic
• Addresses skin dryness
• AHA exfoliation improves surface texture
• Helps to stimulate collagen and hyaluronic acid production in the dermis for a firmer, plumper skin
3. Ferulic acid
Ferulic acid is a botanically derived multifunctional active.
• Powerful antioxidant to address cellular ageing
• Perfect partner to L-ascorbic acid as it stabilises L-ascorbic acid in the deeper layer of the skin for amplified benefits. Studies have shown that when combined with Vitamin C, Ferulic acid reduces chronic and acute solar damage.
• Increase skin firmness and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
• Replenishes epidermal lipids
• Addresses uneven skin tone
When it comes to treating and preventing the signs of ageing caused by ultraviolet radiation, I have been amazed at the results I have seen on my clients skin. It acts as a depigmenting agent, fading dark spots, balancing uneven skin tone, smoothing and softening rough texture. Skin becomes more resilient and firm over time, which is due to Ethyl ascorbic acids ability to promote collagen bio synthesis. This serum truly is a potent, multi tasking complex, that addresses cellular ageing at source, for a plumper, more youthful looking complexion.
It is important to note that not all Vitamin C is created equal, evidence suggests other derivatives of Vitamin C are less effective.