Your skin is intriguing, it’s made up of many components:
- Fatty Acids
- Hyaluronic Acid
They are there to keep your skins intercellular matrix healthy and is the first line of defence against moisture loss.
Moisturizers for Dry Skin
Sadly our skin is exposed to daily assaults, which can deplete these protective ingredients:
- UV rays
- Air conditioning
- Make up application
Fortunately a moisturizer specifically formulated for a dry skin, can lessen the effects these daily assaults have on our appearance.
So if you’re not investing in a good facial moisturizer, then you should START today.
With a formula that will help to protect your natural skin moisturizing factor, replenishing those all important components that may be missing;
All the Naked Chemist skin care products, are formulated with skin identical ingredients that deplete as we age, giving your skin the moisture and protection it requires to ward of premature ageing.
- They help to protect and strengthen your skin, filling the gaps between the cell walls and repairing the barrier function
- Many moisturizers contain water binding agents known as humectants, they are extremely hydrating and help to lock in moisture
- They replace and bind water to the skins tissues, preventing dehydrated skin conditions
- Specific moisturizers formulated for a sensitive skin, will help to calm skin cells in the layers of the epidermis. This encourages skin cells to recover quickly from flare ups
- A natural moisturizer that contains active ingredients, is able to reprogram our skin cells
- They encourage intercellular communication and boost the skins normal functions
- By using a good moisturizer that’s full of lovely lipids, this will encourage your skin to produce more of its own natural oils, which help to support skin health
The Naked Chemist
Although this article looks at the role of face moisturizers for dry skin, if you have a combination, normal or oily skin type, you still require moisturization.
Yes that’s right, an oily skin does also require moisturization.
The texture of your skin, how it looks and feels, and the climate you live in, will certainly influence your choice of moisturizer.
Were all metabolically different, so it may take some trial and error before you find a formula you are happy with.
But keep persevering and become your own label detective, until you see a positive difference in your skin.