Are you plagued with dry skin concerns?
Or do you have extremely dry and flaky skin, with conditions such as atopic dermatitis and psoriasis presenting?
Fortunately, there is an answer to your dry skin woes phytosterols, natural components found in plants that have a wonderful affinity with your skin.
They contain gorgeous fatty acids, potent antioxidants, anti-inflammatory’s, and ceramides, and because they are fat-loving, they pass easily through the skin’s lipid layer offering a massive moisture boost.
They’re also rich in essential fatty acids including omega 3, 6, and 9, which help to strengthen the skin barrier function and stabilise your skin’s natural oil production.
The best oil if you suffer from a dry skin
- Sesame oil
- Coconut oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Borage seed oil
- Carrot tissue oil
- Apricot kernel oil a lovely light oil
- The pomegranate seed oil has an interesting fatty acid profile
- Rice bran oil is a lovely barrier repairing oil.
- Macadamia is a medium weight oil of low comedogenicity and wonderful for the face, especially a dry, mature type
- Avocado Oil is rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, and minerals, lecithin, squalene, and fatty acids, making it one of the best oil for the face. It also has low comedogenicity and shelf life, of over a year
- Squalane contains naturally occurring lipids that makeup 12% of the oil in your skin. These sebaceous secretions are what is responsible for producing the lovely oil or sebum that keeps our skin soft and supple; The rest is wax, triglycerides, fatty acids, and unicorn tears, ok not quite but it sounds intriguing right? All of this helps squalane to naturally integrate within the skin tissues – so a bit of a wonder oil when it comes to replenishing dry skin conditions.
- Marula oil is an omega-rich oil and one of the richest known plant sources of Oleic acid – a component of healthy skin. It has high levels of Linoleic, Palmitic, and Stearic acids which form a healing emollient that protects against dryness, pollution, and heat, whilst boosting dry and depleted skin by rehydrating the natural moisture barrier, making it the perfect oil for dry, rough skin types.
- Sunflower Oil is a lightweight, low comedogenic oil that is great for photo-damaged, mature, dry, and sensitive skin types. It has some really wonderful emollient properties, due to the fact that it is rich in essential fatty acids. It has a shelf life of between 6 to 9 months
In our formulas, we use these oils in a combination for really dry skinned guys and gals, such as Bio lipid complex have been intelligently formulated with the correct balance of phytosterols and ceramides, to bring dry skin in a state of flux into balance.
There are far too many to mention here in one go, so if you’d like further information, follow the link to find out more about oils for dry skin.