Does your hair lack luster?
Then these recipes will help you take back control of your hair, bringing brown hair back to life.
Rinse For Highlighting Brown Hair
This is a very exotic infusion, that will give quite a dramatic result on light brown hair.
It should be noted because it is quite an intense recipe; it is also quite slow to wash out!
- 7 unripe Walnuts in shells
- Sea Salt
- Mortar and pestle
- 3 cups water
- You will first need to prepare the shells by crushing them to a fine dust and add a pinch of Sea Salt.
- Leave this infusion to soak for a couple of days.
- After this time put the shells and salt in a pot and cover with water.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 5 hours; if the water gets low add more, so that ideally you end up with 1 cup of infused water.
- Next strain the walnut shells.
- Wash the hair.
- Then pour the rinse over the hair.
Hair Rinse for Light Brown Hair
This rinse will take blonde hair to mid brown quite dramatically.
You can also use this recipe on blond hair; the end result will be a very light brown
- 1 tbsp. Sage Leaf dried
- 2 tbsp. Rosemary Leaf dried
- 1.5 Cup of Black Tea very strong
- Ceramic Bowl
- Place the herbs into the bowl.
- Next pour the boiling tea on to the herbs and allow to steep, cover the bowl.
- Leave the herbs to soak for about 20 minutes then, strain and wash your hair.
- Then slowly pour the infusion over your hair.
- Let the rinse soak into the hair leaving it to dry naturally.
The beauty with these recipes, is that if you don’t get the desired result you can keep on applying until you do.
Light Brown to Dark Brown Recipe
If it is more colour depth you are after, this recipe should do the trick:
- 1 tbsp. crushed walnut shells
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp black tea, one tea bag to one cup
- Kaolin powder
- 2 cups distilled water
- Ceramic bowl
- wooden spoon
Directions for use
- Put 2 cups water in the pot.
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Add crushed walnut shells to the pot.
- Allow to boil for 20 minutes.
- Next add the rosemary and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the blend has cooled down add the tea.
- Strain the material and add in the clay, to form a thick paste.
- Apply all over the hair to the root shaft, leaving no area exposed.
- Cover the hair with plastic and leave for 40 minutes, or until you achieve desired result.
- Finally shampoo and condition as normal.
For best advice, if you don’t achieve the desired result first time around, just keep re-doing your hair until you do.
From nature with love.