She was what we used to call a suicide blonde
Dyed by her own hand
The great news is, that blonde hair is fairly easy to achieve with herbs.
The principle is very similar to using a commercial dye.
Natural Blonde Hair Streaks
- 1 tsp dried or fresh Chamomile flowers
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried Marigold petals
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon juice
- 2 cups distilled water
- Powdered Kaolin
- Ceramic bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Add the water to the pan and bring it to the boil.
- Next add the flowers to the water, and then let them simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and steep the flowers until they are cool.
- Check the water level which should be reduced about half, if not continue boiling until it has reduced then strain.
- Next add in the fresh Lemon juice.
- Add Kaolin clay and mix until it forms a sticky spreadable paste, if the paste is to dry make more dye water.
- Cut the foil into strips, 1 inch wide by 3 inches in length, or longer if your hair requires it.
- Separate the hair you want to treat into 1/4 width strands.
- Cover the strips in paste, then wrap the foil around the hair strands.
- Avoid getting paste on other hair you don’t want to dye, you want the streaks to look uniform, like natural blonde hair.
- Leave on for 20 minutes, and then check the strip until you have the desired result.
- Next rinse out the hair.
- Condition the hair as soon as you have rinsed out the paste, because Lemon juice is very astringent.
- Repeat the process until you get the desired result.
Be sure to paste all over the visible roots where the hair is darker, and be careful not to leave this recipe on longer then the recommended time, if you don’t get the desired results, you can always reapply at a later date.
It is really important, that you make enough paste to begin with.
This is obviously going to come down to trial and error, and how thick or thin your hair is.