Nourishing, creamy body butter.
You just can’t beat them, especially when you have dry, parched skin.
There is something really quite indulgent about slathering yourself in a creamy, buttery moisturiser.
Which you can turn into a cozy ritual, as you massage it liberally into your skin.
Especially one that smells like coconut, and comes in gorgeous holiday packaging, that transcends you to a tropical island paradise.
The really great thing, you can make your very own whipped natural hair butter at home for a fraction of the price of expensive store-bought ones.
So join us, as we share with you our tried and tested body butter recipes:
Body butter recipes
Below are a few homemade body butter recipes that you can get creative with straight away:
My Body Butter Formulation
Now let’s look at the formulation I created for my body butter.
- 11.0% Macadamia oil
- 4.0% Mango butter
- 52.0% Shea butter
- 26.8% Almond oil
- 1.0% Vitamin E
- 5.0% Calendula oil
- 0.2% Geranium essential oil
Now let’s look at the detailed steps required when learning how to make body butter.
Step 1. In a beaker add the oil, Shea butter, and mango butter in a water bath.
Step 2. After this blend is melted, stop heating and add the extract and Vitamin E and blend gently.
Step 3. At about 35 degrees Centigrade add the essential oil.
Whipped body butter
If you want to jazz things up a bit and get really creative then whipped butters for the body are really fun to make.
Use the instructions above, but as the butter starts to solidify, quickly start beating the butter with your blender. Whip it to the desired appearance and then put it in the fridge.
Leave the butter for about 24 hours in the fridge. After that, take them out and leave them at ambient temperature.
Creamy avocado antioxidant butter
- 14.0% Avocado oil
- 2.0% Beeswax
- 40.0% Shea butter
- 12% Avocado butter
- 20.8% Sesame oil
- 6% Grapeseed oil
- 1.5 % Vitamin E
- 2.5% Seabuckthorn oil
- 2% Carrot oil
- 0.2% Essential oil
- because this butter can be hard, ideally you will need to cut the butter down into small usable chunks, and place it in a mixing bowl
- put the blender on and start at a very low speed; once mixed, turn it up to high speed and give it a quick blast, or until the butter has become a wonderful, creamy consistency
- next, add the oils and mix them together well
- then, when everything has cooled add your chosen fragrance or essential oils
- now, mix everything together until smooth with a spoon. You will know when it is ready simply by its beautiful consistency
Creamy shea and coconut butter
This is one of those body butter recipes that is simple yet effective.
- 34.0% Fractionated coconut oil
- 4.0% Cocoa butter
- 50.0% Shea butter
- 12% Avocado butter
- 6.8% Almond oil
- 2 % Beeswax
- 2 % Squalane oil
- 2% Olive oil
- 0.2% Coconut fragrance
Use exactly the same instructions as above.
For further reading about the different types of butter you can use in your formulas in order to start becoming really creative, you may enjoy reading the article, “Understanding the Ingredients Used in Body Butter”.