Repeated lipstick application and removal with cotton pads can mean the kind of mouth-surrounding slight redness that you get when you’ve been making out with someone.
And not in the cute lip stain kind of way, but a “someone has been trying to suck off my face and have stubble” kind of way. This can also mean a lot of lip dryness going on.
If you want to keep your lovely lips luscious, one of the best things you can do for them is to keep them regularly nourished, especially if you’re suffering from dry, peeling, and chapped lips.
Balms really are the answer; they are extremely effective, helping to soothe sore, chapped lips.
There are so many kinds of lip balms available, it can be hard to find just the right one. So, what’s the solution? Make your own, of course.
Lip balm recipes are perfectly customisable, 100% natural, and really easy to make.
The Best Lip Balm Remedies
Cinnamon & Orange Lip Balm
The delicate hint of orange and cinnamon in this recipe, combined with healing anti-microbial honey, creates the best lip balm for dry lips.
You can also customise it yourself, depending on your mood and personality, feel free to switch out your essential oils to suit.
- 12 grams beeswax pellets
- 30 grams of calendula oil
- 4 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 5 grams apricot kernel oil
- 0.5 grams vitamin E
- 0.2 grams of honey
- 0.2 grams of orange essential oil
- 0.2 grams cinnamon essential oil
- Heat the base oil ingredients into the double boiler.
- Once melted, add the honey and beeswax pellets.
- When everything has melted, you can add the essential oils, and Vitamin E and stir everything together.
- Pour into the small glass jar containers, allowing to cool for 10 minutes.
Rose & Geranium Lip Balm
This is the best lip balm recipe if you want to create a smooth and sultry balm. It combines a mixture of natural plant botanical oils with the heady fragrance of the lovely rose.
The result is a nice tinted lip balm, which is due to the natural alkanet root.
- 6 grams jojoba oil
- 4 grams of almond oil
- 4 grams rose hip seed oil
- 7 grams beeswax
- 1 gram Vitamin E
- 1 gram alkanet oil
- 0.2 gram rose essential oil
- 0.2 drops geranium essential oil
- Using the double boiler method, heat all the ingredients except for the delicate essential oils
- Once all the wax has melted, take the ingredients off the heat and add the essential oils and Vitamin E
- Carefully transfer your ingredients into the lip balm tubes or jars and apply accordingly
Chocolate and Peppermint Lip Balm
- 8 grams white beeswax pellets
- 8 grams of almond oil
- 2 grams of cocoa powder
- 0.2 grams of peppermint oil
- Melt the white beeswax pellets, using a double boiler.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until it has blended smoothly.
- Add the sweet almond oil.
- Once it cools down, add the peppermint oil while you stir to combine the ingredients
- Pour it into small containers to store.
If you would like to create more wonderful lip products, follow this link to learn how to make lip gloss.