This treatment creates skincare superhighways in your skin
So ingredients can penetrate deeper.
Morpheus 8 treatment is designed to kickstart essential processes in your skin.
The device resembles a small skin aerator, one that may seem a bit intimidating.
However, it plays a crucial role in skin rejuvenation by creating micro-injuries that trigger collagen production.
Furthermore, it acts as a penetration enhancer, forming channels in your skin that boost skincare absorption by up to 300%.
As skin specialists, one of our main challenges is striking the right balance between the level of skin injury and achieving the best results.
This article will delve into this balance and provide recommendations from our product range.
So, without further ado, let’s explore the essential tools for microneedling and the skincare ingredients you should avoid.
Step One: Skincare routine
For those of you who’ve undergone a Morpheus 8 treatment, hyaluronic acid emerges as the hero.
Why? Because your skin’s microchannels are open post-treatment, and your skin barrier is compromised.
Hyaluronic acid acts as a sealant, facilitating rapid rehydration of the upper skin layers after treatment.
We dive deeper into this process in our comprehensive article.
It’s crucial to use high molecular weight hyaluronic acid in its pure form, without any additives like aloe vera that can harbour microbes.
Please wait at least 36 hours after your treatment, only applying it once you’re confident your skin has settled down.
H20 hyaluronic complex. Hyaluronic acid is the sole ingredient we advocate for pre-treatment preparation and post-treatment care.
It preps your skin before the procedure, eases the treatment process, and acts as a protective sealant, providing soothing, calming, and reparative benefits when used as part of your aftercare routine.
Step Two: Skincare routine
Once you’re confident that your skin is on the path to recovery, it’s time to introduce gentle, non-irritating products enriched with skin-identical ingredients to aid in barrier repair.
Look for products containing ceramides, lipids, and cholesterol.
Our Fortify Barrier Repair Moisturiser is packed with fatty acids, ceramides, and cholesterol naturally occurring in your skin.
These ingredients deeply nourish and restore your skin’s barrier function.
Ceramides, making up 50% of your skin, are crucial in maintaining your skin’s barrier integrity and locking in moisture—essential for a successful microneedling recovery.
Xcell barrier repair skin shot comprises multiple skin-identical ingredients that aid repair and replenishment.
It also features super-antioxidants to protect your skin from free radicals, which can weaken your skin’s defences and slow down wound healing, possibly leading to increased inflammation.
If you’re concerned about scarring, consider using a natural anti-scar oil rich in carotenoids and sea buckthorn, as it can significantly improve scar texture and visibility.
To kickstart your microneedling recovery, begin with a clean canvas by cleansing your skin with our Miracle Cleanse, an oil-cleansing formula rich in fatty acids. It removes makeup, dirt, and debris without stripping your skin of essential oils.
For a daily moisturiser supporting your skin’s natural repair process, turn to our Ceramide Barrier Repair Balm. It’s like a moisturiser but supercharged to address even severe dryness.
Packed with healing blue tansy, ceramides, and exotic butters, this balm leaves your skin feeling smooth, nourished, and well-hydrated.
Explore our dry skin kit, which includes the abovementioned products, to give your skin the care it deserves during the microneedling recovery process.
Step Three: Skincare routine
Many treatments can significantly transform skin type and texture, resulting in issues like enlarged pores, breakouts, excessive oiliness, an orange peel texture, and thin, fragile, sagging skin.
To address these concerns, consider incorporating the following active ingredients:
- B+ Niacinamide Complex: This versatile anti-ageing serum is excellent for addressing problems such as an orange peel texture, enlarged pores, daily shine, and dark spots.
- A+ Retinoid Complex: This retinoid complex gently promotes skin renewal at the cellular level and enhances blood flow. It contains non-irritating retinol for maximum anti-ageing benefits while minimising the potential for sensitising the skin.
- Resq Anti-Blemish Formula: If you’re dealing with breakouts, this formula is the perfect solution for targeting blemishes.
- Porcelain (Enzymatic Exfoliator coming soon): Our unique enzymatic exfoliator is exceptional for retexturing the skin. Additionally, you can consider using a gentle lactic acid exfoliator (if your skin is not sensitive).
It’s essential to remember that we all have different metabolic processes, and our skin, being our body’s largest organ, can react differently from one person to another.
Always pay close attention to your skin and its response to specific products and activities.
Ingredients to Avoid
Choosing what you avoid using on your skin during and after morpheus8 is as critical as what you apply to it.
It significantly enhances the absorption of skincare ingredients, which means that any adverse effects can be amplified. Be cautious about the following ingredients:
- Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid (LMW-HA): Avoid LMW-HA during and after micro-needling.
- Acidic-Based Products: Steer clear of acidic-based products that might be too harsh for your skin during this process.
- Snail Growth Factors: These are best avoided during and after micro-needling.
- Vitamin C: While vitamin C is a potent skincare ingredient, avoiding it during and immediately after micro-needling is advisable.
- Vaseline: Skip Vaseline as it may not be suitable for use in this context.
- Preservatives: Some preservatives may cause issues, so avoiding them immediately after micro-needling is best.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: This ingredient should be used cautiously.
- Anaesthetic Toxicity: Avoid products with anaesthetic properties as they might not be suitable.
- Fragrances: Perfumed or fragranced products can be problematic during and after micro-needling.
- Alcohol: Steer clear of alcohol-based products as they can be too harsh on treated skin.
- Essential Oils: Avoid crucial oils in the immediate post-micro-needling period.
- Mineral Oil: Avoiding mineral oil products during this time is best.
Several people reached out to us saying morpheus8 ruined my skin.
If this sounds like you, it could be the aftercare you are using, especially if you are using vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid.
You can read more in our article, Microneedling Before and After Vitamin C.
To Conclude. The naked truth
In summary, Morpheus 8 treatment is a powerful method for skin rejuvenation.
It involves creating controlled micro-injuries to stimulate collagen production and enhance skincare absorption.
Finding the right balance between skin injury and optimal results is challenging for us skincare specialists.
During recovery, hyaluronic acid plays a crucial role in sealing microchannels, facilitating skin rehydration, and aiding healing. It should be used in its pure form, without additives.
Products with skin-identical ingredients like ceramides, lipids, and cholesterol are recommended to support your barrier repair as your skin recovers.
Knowing what you cleanse with is always important because many surfactants are stripping.
Additionally, it’s essential to be cautious about ingredients to avoid during and after treatment, as micro-needling increases ingredient absorption.
These ingredients include acidic-based products, snail growth factors, vitamin C, vaseline, preservatives, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrances, alcohol, essential oils, and mineral oil.
So, as important as the protocols are around this treatment procedure.
It is equally important to be very careful what you use with microneedling before and after treatment to ensure the best possible outcome.