Eye makeup, It can be used to help enhance our best features dramatically.
There are multitudes of ways to define your eyes using makeup.
With so many different tools for the eyes; mascara, liner, shadow, contour, and highlighter can get confusing.
Knowing exactly how to dress them can be a difficult technique to master.
Here’s how to make your eyes stand out, one trick at a time.
To make your eyes pop
If you want to make your eyes look wider, be careful not to connect both your top and bottom eyeliner – Leaving this gap will create the illusion that they are bigger.
Even if you weren’t born with long lashes, they are one of the easiest features to fake.
Follow the link for more tips on how to apply eyeliner like a pro,
Brighten your eyes
If you suffer from bags or have had a late night or want to make your eyes look larger, apply a nude shade of eyeliner along your bottom waterline. This will give your eyes instant brightness.
Even out your eyelids with concealer
If your lids tend to look a little red or uneven in texture and colour, add a quick application of concealer to even out your complexion and then use a prep to give your eyeshadow extra staying power.
Give your brows an instant lift.
If you want your eyes to look more wide awake and your brows to look more defined, then apply a white eyeliner directly underneath your brows along your brow bone, and blend.
Use two mascaras instead of one.
If you really want to go for that wow factor and make your lashes stand out, use two formulas: one that is used for thickening and one for lengthening.
Gently jiggle the brush of the thicker formula at the base of your lashes, this will help build fullness and cover the root fully.
Next, apply the lengthening mascara from the middle of the lash to the tip, building up your mascara on the outer lashes for extra flair.
How to apply mascara
- to apply mascara begin on the upper lashes
- begin by brushing the lashes down and then up from underneath
- use tiny zigzag motions as you draw your mascara up to the tips, this will prevent your mascara from clogging
- next use the tip of your mascara wand to brush your lower lashes, using a zigzag motion
- once applied, comb through the lashes, this will help to remove any excess product the wand has left behind
- for a more defined look, this process can be repeated a couple of times. It is important to repeat your second coat straight away.
- let the first coat dry before adding the next layer, or the first layer may crumble clogging the lashes.
No eye makeup tips would be complete, without mentioning eyelash curlers, a clever little tool that will help to open your eyes.
You don’t want to spend hours creating fabulous eyes, to then leave your lashes looking bland, always curl your lashes first before applying mascara.
Use heated eyelash curlers, but if you don’t have access to any heat the metal of your curlers with your hairdryer, this will help the curl hold longer.
If you have never used curlers before, you will be amazed at how much bigger your eyes look after.
The following article on eye makeup tips, which will give you all the know-how you need.