Looking for hair colour ideas?
Then natural herbs, will add shine and colour to your tresses and unlike chemicals, they will help to boost the health of your hair and scalp.
But before you try out these hair colour ideas, we would recommend doing a strand test first.
So you know how your hair is going to react to the dye.
Natural Hair Colour Ideas
Herbs are perfect dyes, for giving hair a visible lift.
Red Heads: Alkanet Root, Cranberry Juice, Red Hibiscus Plant, Red Wine and Rose Hip tea.
All of these will lift and brighten your hair.
Blonde hair: Calendula Petals, ground Turmeric, Rhubarb stem and Chamomile, Ginger Root
These herbs will help to lift and lighten your hair.
Gray hair: Black tea, Espresso Coffee and Sage leaves
These are all ingredients will help to lift dull, Gray hair.
Darkening brown hair: Henna, Black tea, Parsley, Rosemary and Sage.
All of these herbs will leaves will add shine to dark hair.
Below are a few herbal recipes that you may enjoy trying at home.
Black Tea, Sage and Rosemary Hair Balm
If you’re looking for dark hair colour ideas, this is a great recipe:
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tbsp Sage leaves dried
- 3 tbsp Rosemary dried
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp Black tea
- Henna to mix
- Combine the water, herbs, vinegar and tea and simmer for 30 minutes
- Strain and add enough Henna to form a paste
- Massage the mixture into the hair
- Cover with a cap or cling film and a warm towel
- Leave for 30 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the desired outcome
Flaming Red Wine and Cranberry Paste Hair Colour
A perfect hair colour idea for red hair, giving life to to dull, red hair:
- 2 to 3 tsp Ground coffee
- 1/2 cup Boiling water
- 4 tbsp Cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp Red wine
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Clear Henna to mix
- Add the coffee to the water and steep for 20 minutes
- Strain through a coffee filter and add all remaining ingredients, except for the Henna
- Next add enough Henna to form a paste
- Massage into the hair, cover and leave for 30 minutes
Chamomile Lightening Balm
If you’re looking for hair colour ideas, that will naturally lift blonde hair, this lovely recipe is the perfect choice.
- 1/2 cup Dried Chamomile flowers
- 1/2 cup Boiling purified water
- 3 sticks Rhubarb, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- Henna or White Clay
- Make an infusion of Chamomile flowers in boiling water, for 30 minutes and strain
- Next make an infusion of Rhubarb, by boiling it in purified water for 15 minutes and strain
- Mix the infusions with the Lemon juice and combine 1/2 cup of the liquid, with enough Henna or Clay to form a smooth paste
- Apply the paste to dry hair using a flat brush, working from the roots right through to the end
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes to an hour