Beautiful skin starts with exceptional skincare
I have a number of clients, who struggle with finding the best cleanser for their sensitive skin.
They find they are either to harsh or to active, which undermines the barrier causing a host of skin conditions.
If this sounds like you, your skin could be forgiven for being unpredictable at times.
Environmental toxins grime and makeup and harsh products, are just some of the assaults it’s up against on a daily basis.
So how do you get the freshest, cleanest, g-damn prettiest skin possible? With regular cleansing of course.
But the real key, is to know what is the best facial cleanser for your skin type.
That Cleans Skin Feeling
Now it’s true, many of you think of cleansing as the necessary evil, the boring precursor to the much more exciting business of applying topical serums and moisturisers.
But I would go so far as to say, it is one of the most important parts of your daily skincare routine. Regular cleansing is critical to healthy looking skin and here’s why.
5 Reasons to Clean Your Skin
- It prepares the skin for the smooth application of makeup
- Cleansing helps balance moisture levels, keeping skin hydrated
- It removes stubborn cells, allowing for optimum penetration of topical nutrients
- Cleansing at night allows the skin to breath properly, giving it a chance to rejuvenate
- It removes buildup of daily dirt and grime, which can clog pores causing congestion and breakouts
Best Facial Cleanser for Your Skin
THE CLEANSING BALM
If your waking up with rhinoceros skin, then a nourishing balm base is ideal. Nectar Manuka Balm contains rich emollients, native healing extracts and honeyed essences, making it the is the perfect formula for dry skin.
It will cut through grease and break down dirt without stripping your skin, keeping your skins lovely protective barrier function intact.
THE CLEANSING OIL
Miracle cleanse is made with a gorgeous blend of natural oils infused with healing herbs, making it the perfect choice for sensitive, combination skin types or those with an impaired barrier.
Formulated to protect as it cleanses, the oils are light enough not to drag the skin, but gentle enough to remove makeup, and dissolve urea and salt from the sweat glands, removing the build up of toxins from the skin that build up during the day.
Making it the best facial cleanser for sensitive skinned gals and guys, and perfect for busy professionals on the go.
THE CLEANSING FOAM
These pore purging facial cleansers, help to remove even the most stubborn build up of sebum and blackheads, from congested skin.
Oily skin folks tend to find these are the best facial cleanser formulas, simply because they don’t leave an oily residue that creams often leave behind.
The one thing you have to be careful of is that they don’t contain harsh ingredients such as surfactants, which will strip the skin of valuable lipids upsetting your acid mantle, which can cause inflammation.
Instead I recommend opting for gentle, natural formulas in the form of a gel base that will leave your skin comfortable and supple, rather than stripped and your barrier compromised.
My Four Step Cleansing Routine
I always advise my clients to cleanse their face twice daily, with warm water.
- Gently massage your cleanser into your skin
- Rinse with water or a damp muslin cloth and wipe off any residue
- Gently pat dry with a clean towel, making sure your skin stays moist, which will allow for optimum penetration of ingredients
- Lightly spray with a toner
- Next apply your selected skinshot
- Gently massage your moisturiser in to your face, neck and décolleté
Once you find the best cleansing solution for your skin, you’ll be the first to agree, you can’t beat that freshly cleansed skin feeling.
Yours in skin health. Samantha.