Shhh… can I let you in on a little beauty secret?
Macadamia oil should be the most-praised beautifying oil of all.
It has an amazing affinity with the skin, and can be taken both topically and internally.
Each precious drop is SO rich in essential fatty acids; it will have your skin crying out for more.
Not convinced? Then join me as I introduce you into one of nature’s best kept secrets:
Macadamia Nut Oil
- A light weight, medium-nutty oil
- Its chemical profile is very similar to that of human sebum
- It is a very stable oil, with a shelf life of up to two years
- It’s perfect for heart health, as it contains the perfect balance of essential fatty acids
- It has a non-greasy feel on the skin, which gives the oil a nice, workable film
- Its palmitoleic and oleic acid profile makes it the perfect choice for a mature or dry skin
- Phytosterols are protective, aiding in skin recovery. They work like cortisone on the skin, helping to reduce itchiness and inflammation
- The linoleic fatty acid content makes it great for a skin that has difficulty retaining moisture
Fatty Acid Profile
This oil is one of the highest sources of palmitoleic fatty acids in nature, with a concentration between 16 – 23%.
Palmitoleic Acid is vital for delaying premature ageing; as our skin ages, it rapidly becomes depleted in this important fatty acid, which is why macadamia nut oil is the perfect inclusion for mature skin types.
By applying the oil topically, you will improve your skin’s palmitoleic acid levels; decreasing the rate at which your skin deteriorates, keeping it taut, and discouraging wrinkles from forming.
This fatty acid gives macadamia nut oil its fantastic regenerating and moisturising properties.
This is a wonderful fatty acid that helps to prevent trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) from the skin’s delicate tissues.
High in phytosterols
These have a real affinity with the skin, as sterols are the building blocks of our cellular membrane and structure.
Plant sterols work the same way that cholesterol does in our skin, which is one of the reasons why macadamia nut oil has great skin-penetration abilities.
Phytosterols are also calming and healing, which is why they are known to help repair the skin’s barrier function.
Because Macadamia has such an affinity with the skin, and knowing I could not overlook its amazing benefits, it was important to me that I included it as a staple ingredient in both Nectar Treatment Balm and Miracle Cleanse.
Fatty Acid profile
C12:0 st Lauric Acid Traces
C14:0 st Myrsitc acid 0.4 -1.6%
C160: st palmitic Acid 7-10%
C16:1 mo palmitolecic acid 16 -23%
C18:0 st syteric Acid 1.5 – 5%
C181 mo Oleic Acid 54-63%
C18:2 pu Linoleic acid 1-3%
C20:0 st Arachidic Acid 1.5 -3%
C20:1 mo Eicosenoic Acid 1-3%
Beautifying Skin From the Inside
My motto is “what goes on, goes in” – and this is certainly true for macadamia nut oil, containing all of those beneficial fatty acids.
Whenever you consume this oil, you’re giving yourself a real health and beauty boost.
Oleic acid protects your heart from disease and reduces cholesterol levels.
The fact that the oil is low in saturated fat and rich in the all-important mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids is what makes it so heart healthy.
Macadamia nut oil contains the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids that are not naturally created by the body.
This is why applying macadamia nut oil topically and taking it internally will help achieve that crucial essential fatty acid balance your body requires for optimal health.
THE NAKED TRUTH
So, just to recap, the beneficial fatty acid profile of this all-important oil is as follows:
- Oleic acid is a moisturising anti-inflammatory, making it perfect for dry and sensitive skin types
- Linoleic acid restores the skin’s barrier function and keeps skin hydrated
- Palmitoleic Acid is extremely healing and repairing
- Phytosterols act as penetration enhancers, delivering the important ingredients into the deepest layers of your skin
- It contains the perfect 1-to-1 ratio of essential fatty acids, making it essential for heart health
So as you can see, it provides all the building blocks necessary for your skin.
So, go on – I dare you! Smear it in, and feel the oh-so-wholesome macadamia nut love.