Shhhhh can I let you into a little beauty secret?
Macadamia oil should be the most praised beautifying oil of all.
It has an amazing affinity with the skin, and can be taken both topically and internally.
Each precious drop is SO rich in essential fatty acids; it will have your skin crying out for more.
Not convinced? Then join me, as I introduce you into one of nature’s best kept secrets.
Macadamia Nut Oil
- A light weight, medium nutty oil
- It’s chemical profile is very similar to that of human sebum
- It is a very stable oil, with a shelf life of up to two years
- It’s perfect for heart health as it contains the perfect balance of essential fatty acids
- It has a non greasy, feel on the skin, which gives the oil a nice workable film
- Its palmitoleic and oleic acid profile makes it the perfect choice for a mature or dry skin
- Phytosterols are protective, aiding in skin recovery, they work like cortisone on the skin helping to reduce itchiness and inflammation
- The linoleic fatty acid content makes it great for a skin that has difficulty retaining moisture
Fatty Acid Profile
The oil contains one of the highest sources of palmitoleic fatty acids, between 16 to 23%.
Palmitoleic is vital for delaying skin and premature ageing; as our skin ages it rapidly becomes depleted in this important fatty acid, which is why macadamia is the perfect inclusion for mature skin types.
By applying the oil topically, you will improve your skin’s palmitoleic acid levels, this decreases the rate your skin will deteriorate, keeping it taut and discouraging wrinkles from forming.
This Fatty Acid gives macadamia nut oil its fantastic regenerating and moisturising properties.
This is a wonderful fatty acid, that helps to prevent trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) from the skins delicate tissues.
High in phytosterols
These have a real affinity with the skin, plant phytosterols are the building blocks of our cellular membrane and structure.
Sterols work the same way that cholesterol does in our skin, which is one of the reasons why macadamia nut oil has great skin penetration abilities.
Phytosterols are also calming and healing, which is why it is known to help repair the skin’s barrier function.
Because Macadamia has such an affinity with the skin and knowing I could not overlook the amazing benefits, it was important to me that I included it as a staple in both Naturlene treatment balm and Miracle Cleanse.
Fatty Acid profile
C12:0 st Lauric Acid Traces
C14:0 st Myrsitc acid 0.4 -1.6%
C160: st palmitic Acid 7-10%
C16:1 mo palmitolecic acid 16 -23%
C18:0 st syteric Acid 1.5 – 5%
C181 mo Oleic Acid 54-63%
C18:2 pu Linoleic acid 1-3%
C20:0 st Arachidic Acid 1.5 -3%
C20:1 mo Eicosenoic Acid 1-3%
Beautifying Skin From the Inside
My motto is “what goes on goes in” and this is certainly true for macadamia nut oil, containing all those beneficial fatty acids.
Whenever you consume this oil, you’re giving yourself a real health and beauty boost.
Oleic acid protects your heart from disease and reduces cholesterol levels.
The fact that the oil is low in saturated fat and rich in the all-important mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids is what makes it so heart healthy.
Macadamia nut oil contains the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids that are not naturally created by the body.
This is why applying macadamia nut oil topically and taking it internally, will help achieve that crucial essential fatty acid balance, your diet requires for health.
Palmitoleic acid is a potent antioxidant known to support healthy cell membranes, hydrating the skin and supporting skin healing.
THE NAKED TRUTH
So just to recap, the beneficial fatty acid profile, of this all important oil is as follows:
- Oleic acid is a moisturising, anti-inflammatory, making it perfect for a dry, sensitive skin types
- Linoleic acid restores the skin’s barrier function and keeps skin hydrated
- Palmitoleic Acid is extremely healing and repairing
- Phytosterols act as penetration enhancers, delivering the important benefits to the deepest layers of your skin
- It contains the perfect 1-to-1 ratio of essential fatty acids, making it essential for heart health
So as you can see, it provides all the building blocks necessary for your skin.
So go on I dare you to smear it in, and feel the oh so wholesome macadamia nut love.