Rose Hip Seed Oil, natures facial oil

Precious rose hip seed oil.

This fabulous oil should be a staple in every ones skin care kit, because it has so many benefits.

But be warned careful shoppers, this is not always the purest oil on the market, because extraction is so labour intensive.

ROSE HIP SEED OIL

The Extraction Process

The oil is hand picked from the hips of the wild rose.

The extraction process is complex and involves drying, de-hipping and the removal of irritants, followed by pressing.

The rose grows in thick spiny bushes, these bushes are there to protect the delicate flowers and tiny seeds, which are attached to the hair like fronds, this is the basis of itching powder.

Extraction is known as winterisation, where heavy waxes are removed by refrigeration.

This is an intricate process, which allows for the rose hip seed oil to be more workable and user friendly.

A good article to read is C02 extraction process, which is critical to the quality of your oil.

PROPERTIES AND USES

It is used in many different face care preparations, for the purpose of cellular regeneration.

Anti-scarring agent: Research shows the presence of large amounts of linoleic and linolenic fatty acids in rose hip seed oil.

This is why it is one of the most effective oils in treating both hypertrophic and keloid scars, the oil is known to significantly help reduce the look of aged, hardened scars.

Anti-wrinkle oil: Rose hip seed oil helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, slowing down the skin ageing process.

Anti-inflammatory agent: The fact that rose hip seed oil is chock full of linoleic acid and linolenic acid, means it’s perfect for a sensitised inflamed skin.

Anti Ageing: It is also believed to contain the precursor to vitamin A, known as trans-retinoid acid or tretinoin, which is why it is so good for preventing premature ageing.

Burns: Because of the oils natural Vitamin A content, it’s great for treating skin infections.

It is also useful in the treatment of damaged skin tissue caused by scalds, burns, stretch marks and varicose veins, which is due to its ability to encourage skin regeneration.

Cellular rejuvenation: Many clinical trials have proved that rose hip seed oil is an exceptional product in the field of tissue regeneration, helping to improve skin texture and discolouration.

Nourishing: The oil is rich in Fatty Acids which help to keep our skins cells healthy. As we age our skin naturally starts to dry and loose water, fatty acids work to keep the skin plump and moist, preventing it from drying out.

As you can see good quality Rose Hip seed Oil is abundantly rich in skin-loving nutrients.

It’s a wonderful source of omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids and beta-carotene-pro Vitamin A, which gives the oil its lovely orange hue.

Follow the link to find out why linoleic acid is vital for the health of our skin.

These lipid compounds naturally moisturise our skin, improving texture and elasticity whilst assisting skin cell renewal and repair.

With all of these wonderful benefits, it makes sense to harness the potent power of the CO2 extracted oil in Bio lipid complex, the perfect formula for helping to restore an impaired skin.

A + retinol complex and naturlene treatment balm, have been created to help with healing on a deeper level, delivering delicate traumatised skin from irritation and inflammation.

THE SCIENCE

The first study on rose hip seed oil was carried out in 1983 at the University of Santiago, Chile. Participants used all had different skin conditions from sun damaged skin, premature ageing, burns, acne scarring, eczema, dermatitis and so on.

Interestingly what was found, is that rose hip seed oil was shown to have significant noticeable effects in skin regeneration, restoring skin back to its youthful glow.

USAGE

• The oil is considered a dry oil with little slippage
  • Rose hip seed oil can be applied neat on the skin or within a formulation. Using it neat suits many of my customers, I have seen good results with inclusions as low as 10%
  • Because the oil has high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, it naturally has a very short shelf life, less than 6 months to be precise
  • I always add O.5% vitamin E to my oil, which you can also do if you buy it neat
  • I only use a CO2 extract of the oil, which is known to have higher level of linoleic and linolenic acid

FATTY ACID PROFILE

3-5% Sea Buckthorn
2-3% Carrot seed
1% Calendula CO2
1% Rosemary
1% Comfrey
3% Helichrysum, known for its regenerative ketones

Add the above ingredients, to your rose hip seed oil base.

THE NAKED TRUTH

For those thinking of purchasing the oil, when it comes to the purity and the active nature of the oil you need to be careful.

Why? Because the cold pressed version doesn’t have a long shelf life, and it can quickly go rancid.

I only use a CO2 Extract that is certified organic, which is obtained by super critical extraction, where carbon dioxide is used as the solvent.

The oil is then further stabilised with rosemary antioxidant, that is also a CO2 extract.

On a final note, there are often reports that Rose hip seed oil contains Vitamin C, a key repairing ingredient responsible for the production of collagen.

However much of the vitamin C in rose hips is destroyed during the drying and refining process, and also it declines rapidly during storage.

91 thoughts on “Rose Hip Seed Oil, natures facial oil

1. keara says:

hello samantha miller thank you so much for posting this god sent information,you not only inspired me as a person but made my hair care line better! i cant thank you enough god bless you for eternity!

• Samantha Miller says:

Keara I am so glad that you found it so useful, feedback like this makes me feel that it is so worthwhile writing my information.

2. Jennifer says:

Hello, I just bought some rose hip oil yesterday. There was no warning of a short shelf life so thank you very much for the heads up! Would you advise storing it the refrigerator?

• Naked Chemist says:

Hi Jennifer

i would recommend keeping your oils in a dak cool place, and do remeber it oxidses very qucikly, you can tell that by the smell.Thanks for the heads up by the way.

Regards

Samantha

• Megan says:

Would you be able to describe what fresh rosehip oil should smell like, and what rancid rosehip oil smells like?

And what if you are adding essential oils to it? Would they make it hard to detect the rancidity, or would a person still know?

• Becca says:

I am also wondering what rancid rosehip oik smells like. I bought some yesterday and it a very strong odor. Kind of like a cooking oil x10. What is it supposed to smell like?

• Samantha Miller says:

I can’t explain rancid oil it is almost musty in fragrance. Note Rosehip oil does naturally have a very slight fishy odor in general. Look at the colour is it slightly orange? due to all the caretonoids and a nice rich texture? then you should be okay. hope this helps samantha

• M says:

Hi Samantha. I bought cold, pressed organic rosehip oil a month ago. I’ve kept it in the fridge and take it out only when I’m using it. I kept it in the fridge for 5 days straight without taking it out. However, today when I took it out, it seemed to have frozen. It’s back to what it was before i.e normal orange oil. Is it safe to use it? Or has it gone rancid?

3. Victoria says:

Thank you for this post, so interesting !

I bought rose hip oil to treat a koleid scar. I apply it every night, and add a drop of Lavender oil. But I’ m a little confused, you say rose hip oil is ok to reduce those scars, but it is supposed to help the production of collagen too ? I trust you but I don’t want my scar to get bigger.
    Thank you!

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi Victoria
      Unfortunately nothing can completely reverse scarring not even laser treatment, unless the scar is completely new.In our clinic we do are seeing some success with dermarolling but again it won’t completely reverse scarring.
      How much collagen is stimulated by Rosehip seed oil is unknown, but not enough that it will make your keloid scar worse. i hope that helps and should you require any further information please do PM me.

Samantha

• Helper says:

you need steroid treatment: straight injection directly into the scar by a dermatologist. Even this takes years to gradually stop the growth of the scar.

Rose hip oil will soften your scar after everyday use for a year or two. But don’t stop: it will not make it bigger! Only better skin. Rose hip helps all round.

I know about keloid scars because I’m from the tropics where collagen is abundant.
      See also: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/dermatology/scars_85,P00313/

4. Sarah says:

Hello and thanks for the very informative post. So I got a bottle of rosehip oil a while ago and I opened it there yesterday it has a bit of a smell though. Like a strong oily smell. Do you think it might be oxidized? If it is do you think it’s still effective/safe to use?

Many thanks,

Sarah.

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi Sarah

Rosehip does have a very faint odour to it.
      However the strong oily smell is most certainly an indication that the fatty acids are oxidised and no longer potent and won’t give you the results you are looking for. i hope this helps a little.

5. Joy says:

Hi!

Thank you for the very informative post. I have a question and wonder if you can help me.

I bought 2 bottles of rosehip oil recently and only opened one. I kept the unopened bottle in the refrigerator thinking that it will help “preserve” it while I wait for the first bottle to run out. And I think it would take me more than 6 months to finish the first bottle. Do u think the 2nd bottle will still be good for use after then? (I don’t plan on taking the second bottle out of the fridge.)

Hope to hear from you.

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi, oils by their very nature are prone to oxidation reactions, which will turn them rancid over time. So Keeping your oil in the fridge can slow down that process somewhat. Take your oil out the fridge at least 12 hours before you need to use them, this will allow them to naturally adjust to room temperature, because when stored at low temperatures some carrier oils will form fatty particles..hope this helps Jo

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi Jonty, yes it will help to repair the skin to a point, but it’s not going to completely reverse the burns and it will also depend on the age of the burn. You may want to reach out to a company called fragrant earth in the Uk, I know they have excellent grade Rose hip oil and that the owner Jan Kusmerick has had good results with treating burns with blends he has made…good luck.

6. Natalie says:

Hi Samantha,
    First, thank you for this site and all of the helpful information you provide! I appreciate your professionalism, attention to detail, science- and evidence-based info, responses and practice.

I am making a mango body butter with Rose Hip Seed Oil and have selected a product using CO2 extraction, per your guidance. Due to cost I will not use this freely (or almost neat), as I have in the past, with the more affordable, cold-pressed. Therefore, I want to use just enough to be effective. I was very excited to find some additional guidance from you. In reading the following statement from your website I just want to clarify, as it reads slightly contradictory:

“Rose hip seed oil, can be applied neat on the skin or within a formulation. Using it neat suits many of our customers and we have seen good results with inclusions as low as 10%. 5% is the recommended amount to use in skin cream formulas”

Are are saying that YOU all see results as low as 10%, but the industry standard is only 5%? So I should aim for 10% right?

Many thanks!

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi Natalie
      Thanks for reaching out and for your lovely comments, really glad you find the information useful. Natalie I guess what I am trying to say is for those considering formulating, I would include at least 5% in a formulation to get any type of result, however for my clients in clinic I use up to 10% in their personalised oil blends to really get results maybe even more it all depends on the skin condition I am treating. Sometimes dare I say it even use it neat on my skin! I guess it all comes down to cost and stability; Whilst it is a lovely oil, it’s tricky because it’s shelf life is so low. When Rosehip goes rancid it pulls down the rest of the product..try the smell test yourself sometime on bottles that have been sat on department shelves for ages, sometimes you really can tell. I find many companies simply use it for marketing purposes (one very famous New Zealand company instantly springs to mind), they get away with it by adding only very small percentages, which really have no benefit at all, frustrating to see as a formulater and frustrating for customers who really want to see results, which is why education is so key..hope this goes some way to answering your question Natalie.

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi Analynn.I’m not implying that you have to get obsessive over your rosehip oil, I think a couple of weeks is fine to travel with it, it’s more about the purity at source your buying it from and understanding how to check it for rancidity..hope this helps

7. jo says:

Hi i really want to try rosehip in my lotion bars, i have been gathering as much info as i can as these bars are destined for family as gifts. Ive read bad reviews as well as good and as the bars are for others i need to buy the best possible, could you point me to the right suppliers please. Thank you so much your article is so informative i,l definately be visiting again

• Miller Samantha says:

Hi Jo.Rosehip seed oil in your lotion bars sounds lovely…I am not sure where you live but for top grade in the UK I would go to Fragrant Earth or Penny Price, but it is a bit pricey and not sure if your going to get full benefit, as if you were using it neat on the skin, would love to know how you get on though enjoy formulating..

8. Lee Ann Robertson says:

Hi Samantha. Thank you for such an informative website! A lot of the information contained here was just what I was looking for. I’m relatively new to oils and have embarked on a complete overhaul of my daily routine incorporating oils into my cleansing and moisturizing routine. I am however slightly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information on oils, their composition and how they interact with individual skin types. I have very sensitive, dry in patches, oily T-zone and quite congested skin which is extremely frustrating as it falls into a number of categories. I’ve been using a combination of jojoba, avocado and sweet almond oil as my cleansing oil and following up wth rose hip and sweet almond oil as my moisturizer. I worried my skin may become clogged up with the oleic acids in my cleanser and have noticed some bumpy areas but as I haven’t been doing it very long in assuming it’s purging? I’m determined to continue with this natural method as my skin is so reactive to conventional face creams etc and cosmetics also. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel I’m confusing my skin a little?

Hi Lee Ann
      Thank you so much for reaching out to me. It’s so tricky for me to diagnose without first seeing your skin, but ideally Lee ann you certainly sound like you need to customise your skin care routine. I would monitor your skin to see how it is reacting to the oils, have you read my articles on oils? https://thenakedchemist.com/glossary-of-the-best-oils-for-skin/over time, I am not sure about the purging by the way? I think less is best if your skin is super combination and bumpy you may need to use some gentle peels to help break down bacteria. I wld also avoid extracts in products and fragrances and essential oils as they can be to stimulating

9. Jenni says:

I have hypertropic scars on my face. They have made me very self conscious as I used to have very clear skin until I picked obsessively at minor blemishes and ingrown eyebrow hairs. My Dermatillomania worsened significantly after being prescribed Adderall and DHEA in the same time frame. And my KP skin condition seemed to worsen around the same time which gave me more to pick at. I’ve had 3 rounds of laser treatments, steroid injections and then chose to take a break to try more natural methods. I did extensive online research and decided to go with iodine and castor oil. I have had fair results. They scars have gotten smaller and are peeling off and on. I feel like tbe castor oil provided the most benefit. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and stopped using the castor oil last week after reading that the plant from which it is derived contains ricin and that it is also used by midwives (orally) to help induce labor. I am hoping I did no harm by using it topically?! So now I using olive oil daily and iodine every other day. Do you think I can add or substitute rose hip seed oil? Is it safe to use topically during pregnancy? Thank you for your time.

• Samantha Miller says:

Hi thanks so much for reaching out. I think rosehip seed oil is going to be great and no known side effects during pregnancy, be sure to stay away from essential oils as well though. I am interested in your research on iodine and castor oil etc, are you able to expand on this for my readers please, it;s something I have never heard of before? Kind regards Samantha

10. Suzz says:

Hi Samantha,

I have recently bought a cold press rosehip seed oil ,this is the first time I am using this oil so I am not sure if the smell and color of the oil is normal?But there is a distinct type of smell which I can not describe.On the box there is no production date but expiry date shows 2017? How can I be sure that oil is still good?

Hi Suzz
      This is really difficult to answer, it just smells rancid which is really hard to describe and know without smelling it myself. You just get a nose for it, try against other oils basically it shouldn’t have to much of an odour if it is ok. Hope this helps.

11. Kinga says:

Hello Samatha, thank you for all that interesting information! I have a question about Rosehip CO2 since not sure I understood you well – can I use Rosehip CO2 instead Rosa Canina Oil as base oil (for example in face serum)? Can CO2 be 50% of the recipe?

12. Amanda says:

Hello! I purchased a rosehip oil through Amazon. It is a very Amber color with a distinct earthy scent but when applying it on the skin it slightly stains the skin with a yellowish tinge. Is this normal? Thank you so much for any help. Finding info on rosehip oil online is a little difficult.

• Samantha Miller says:

Hello Amanda, difficult to ascertain without seeing but yes it should have an odour which is due to the rich amount of fatty acids, and it should be a nice yellowish orange colour, because it is rich in beta carotenes and it also indicates it has not gone through any bleaching, so sounds like a good purchase. I hope this has helped.

• Sharyl Geyer says:

I purchased rosehip seed oil yesterday and was curious about the scent! It smells fishy to me… is that considered an earthy smell?! And it needs to be stored in a cool, dark place, right?

Hi Sharyl
          I suspect it maybe ok, a fresh rosehip oil will have this fishy smell almost earthy, absolutely store in a cool dark place and use within 6 months 3 to be on the safe side, hope this helps Samantha

• Organic Body Shop Factory says:

Hi
            For Rosehip oil
            If it smells fish
            Pour it into a clear container to check to see if their are any particles that may be mold. If it is one color then it should be safe.
            If not call the company and tell them as all the home crafters are great but if you get mold into to a item then it will cause all kinds of problems on our skin and if we ingest it.
            Better safe than sorry

13. Sam says:

Hello! I was wondering if this oil will help with acne scars and hyperpigmentation? I have acne scars all over my back and I was hoping this could get rid of the darkness to them (I am brown so my scars are dark brown not red like most people). Please reply if you can with information regarding this oil and acne scars on darker complexions! thank you

14. Jackie says:

Hello, I just came across your website and want to first off say Thank You for such great information! Just yesterday I bought a bottle of rose hip oil and went to see the label just now and it says cold pressed, not fresh cold pressed, I don’t know if there is a difference, where do you recommend getting the CO2 extracted rose hip oil? I looked around a bit and I found some places sell CO2 extracted “seed” rose hip oil, not extracted from the hip of the rose, is that the same? Again thank you for your information!

Hello Jackie
      I do apologise for the late delay. They are both the same thing, for purchasing it depends where you are based, but in the Uk fragrant earth offers a wonderful co2 rosehip oil that is kept at low temperatures until you purchase, its really a lovely product I hope this helps. Samantha

15. Amalynn says:

Hello there everyone,
    I bought my first bottle of rosehip oil (super excited) I ordered it online and it was super hot when it was delivered. The odor smells like a chicken or fry seasoning. I really have to rub the oil into my skin because it is so orange, it changes the color of my skin. Are these all signs that my rosehip oil has gone bad or is this normal for this oil? Thank you all for listening.

Hi
      The colour is normalunrefined/raw rosehip seed oil tends to be golden/orange, thicker, and have a pungent, earthy, scent which is due to a high content of fatty acids. I hope this helps. The colour is key if ti wasn’t orange it would of gone through a refining bleaching process. Samantha

16. Rebecca says:

Hi, I know this is an old post but looks like it is still active with comments. I bought some rose hip seed oil which is slightly yellow (ever so slightly, almost clear) and I’m guessing that means it’s been refined? In your experience is there much benefit to using an unrefined oil vs. refined in terms of anti-aging? Btw, I noticed your post said that rose hip seed oil is full of vitamin C but since C is water soluble, I don’t think the oil contains any. Thanks for any info!

• Samantha Miller says:

Hi Rebecca Rosehip seed oil is really delicate anyway with a very short shelf life, once it has been refined it has very little benefit to the skin.. Yes i have since learnt that much of the vitamin C in rose hips is destroyed during drying and processing and also declines rapidly during storage, so I will amend my article. Thank you Samantha

17. Colleen says:

Thank you for all of this wonderful information! I recently purchased bottles of cold pressed rose hip seed oil for myself and my two daughters. One of my daughters is pregnant and the other is nursing. I noticed in a previous post that you said the oil was safe to use during pregnancy. Would you be able to share your source for this information so I can pass it in to my daughter? Also, do you know about safety for nursing mothers and if so, what again is the source of information?
    I used the oil on my body and face after a shower today and my skin still feels soft and hydrated 13 hours later!
    Thank you in advance for answering my questions!

• Samantha Miller says:

Colleen glad you appreciated the article and noted is your success with the oil, so pleased for you. Colleen there is no one source that discusses the safety of rose hip seed oil, but there is a lot of evidence around that points towards its beneficial application during pregnancy. Basically it is not a herb or essential oil, so it contains no properties that are harmful, i hope this helps. Regards Samantha

18. Shannon says:

Hi, thank you for this article! I’m a new rosehip seed oil user and I have a feeling my bottle is not the greatest quality (purchased on Amazon). I definitely would like to purchase a CO2 extracted version (not on Amazon where it’s stored for God knows how long) – do you have any personal recommendations on where to buy in the US? Many thanks!

Hi Shannon
      I am sure there are places in the US but I am not sure exactly where you can get really high quality from. In the Uk I get mine from Fragrant Earth, the quality is amazing and they literally store it under pressure before it is shipped. Good luck Samantha

19. Sue J. says:

I purchase mine from Dr. Mercola’s website. It is a very golden/orange color, thick and earthy smelling, I love it !! Also, reasonably priced. Hope this helps!

20. Annie says:

Hi, I purchased a small bottle of rosehip seed oil a while ago and have noticed that it’s gone rancid, (the color has changed and it smells acidic) but I feel terrible throwing the remainder (about half of it) away. Do you think any significant harm will come to my hair or skin if I still decide to use it like that, even though I know it’s not a potent as it can be, or is it unsafe to use the oil once it turns rancid? Thank you.

21. Grace-Anne says:

I recently bought a different brand of rosehip seed oil than my usual brand and this new one isn’t the deep orange colour, it’s more of a deep pink. Now I’m worried that I might have bought something ‘fake’. What’re your thoughts?

22. Emm says:

Hi Samantha
    Thank you for the great post and the thread , really cleared most of my queries
    However there are few things i’d like to know.
    I’m planning to get rosehip oil ( in large quantity 2 ltrs) and refill smaller dropper bottles (mix with other oils such as pumpkin seed etc), i heard that nitrogen is added to increase its shelf life once being bulk packed.
    i)In case where i open the 2 ltr container does it mean ill have to add nitrogen to it to ensure it maintains the shelf life for the remaining oil?
    ii)if im refilling smaller bottles would it have the same shelf life as the bulk or would it get affected in anyway?
    iii) Should i go for Organic non CO2 or CO2 oil

thanks

Hi Emm
      Thank you for your feedback and enquiry. This is a really good question and one I don’t know the answer to because i don’t bulk pack it. I would go back to your supplier and ask them. However if you find out I would love to know the answer.

23. Jewle says:

Hi Samantha,
    I’m new to Rose Hip (seed) oil. After buying my 1st bottle of Rose Hip Seed oil on line, I searched to buy another & found Rose Hip oil. Hmm, what happened to the “seed” I wondered.

I did some searching & found a site that said the Rose hip seed oil is oil extracted from just the seed, whereas Rose Hip oil is from the whole “fruit.”

IF this is true (?), which is better to purchase? with seed or without? The prices were about the same. I’m using for directly on face for ache, wrinkles, nourish skin, & use on arms & hands for dryness, as well as on my husbands eczema.

24. Kate says:

Hi Samantha!

Thanks for all the helpful info here. I am wondering if I need to refrigerate if I am using rosehip oil in an oil mixture. I have two mixtures that both have a bit of Rosemary and Carrot Seed as a preservative. I had hesitated to refrigerate as I use them daily and see it is better to wait 12 hours before use after refrigeration. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi Kate

Yes I think refrigerating them could help, but in saying that in a dark bottle in a cool place is suffice. Carrot and Rosemary are both natural antioxidants so great for helping with preamture ageing to..good luck

25. Erica says:

Hello Samantha!
    I was wondering what your thoughts were, I have been using rosehip oil almost 4 months now- i have these white bumps (acne scars) on my chest and back and I haven’t noticed much of a difference. I know it will not make them go away completely but I was hoping it might diminish their look. Ive gotten them at different times since freshman year of high school and I just finished my sophomore year of college. They annoy me so much!! and Ive heard countless times laser removal probably wont help- so Im just looking for some positive feedback 🙂 thank you!!

Hi erica

Hard to consult like this, its most certainly hormonal grade 3 by the sounds of it though. I don;t think laser treats this but I am not 100% sure Overtime they will go away, my advise is don’t pick infection spreads and they will scar. Use linoleic acid internally, do your research on why we need omegas to treat acne. Use fuller earth masks on your back, stay away from harsh chemicals and possibly occasionally use Salicylic acid to flush out the follicular wall. You can go to the doctor and they could prescribe you roaccutane but again this is a last resort as has adverse side effects. Hope this helps. samantha

26. M says:

Hi Samantha.
    I bought organic, cold pressed rosehip oil a month ago and have always stored it in the fridge. However, I kept it in the fridge for straight 5 days. Upon taking it out today, it seemed to have frozen. It’s back to liquid form at room temperature now. I wanted to know is it safe to use it? Or has it gone rancid?
    Thanks

27. Allie says:

Can i just get the name of a good place to buy the Rosehip seed oil? Is Mountain Rose herbs and good one ? I use it for skin care want to get the best ! Thanks!!

28. Victoria Skinner says:

Hello Samantha,

I was wondering what your opinion on rose hip infusion within a carrier oil is? I have an abundance of wild rose hips in my area that I’d like to pick. I know that extracting the seeds in vast quantities is difficult and that the hips contain irritants. I plan to infuse a small quantity of whole hips in another oil such as almond oil (or would you recommend another?). I’m hoping will extract some of the great benefits of rose hip seed oil. I’d love to know your opinion on this method and any tips for preservation etc.

Kind regards,
    Victoria

29. Renata says:

Hi, I bought some rosehip oil about 10 months ago and have completely forgotten about it, but it has been stored in a dark dry place the whole time. It has a bit of a strange odor to it that it didn’t have before, is it still safe to use on the face? I know it might not have the same effects anymore but I just love the moisturizing feeling of it, just wondering if it’s still safe to use!

30. Briana says:

I brought some
    Rosehip essential oil from Marshall’s. I don’t know if I was using way to much because I was putting it on my whole body like body oil. I didn’t know I was suppose to use one or 2 drops. I began feeling nauseated, dizzy and lightheaded. I also have anemia and heard that it’s not recommended for people who are anemic. Do you know about the side effects?

31. Patricia Mandolla says:

I bought some rosehip oil on eBay it was in a plastic container it has a yellow honey color the lady said it was unrefined do you think I was had

32. roshni says:

Hi Samantha,

Your insights are quite well researched. I was wondering if you could you help me with some specifics about Rosehip extraction process. I have been trying to get my own supercritical extraction done and I must say even with all the available data there is nothing conclusive on its process variables (such as temp./time /pressure/ quantity).
    for eg. how much ingredient is required to produce one kg/litre oil. what is the right temp. as high heat destroys any valuable nutrient in Rosehips. what pressure to be used? I have been trying for a long time to get this inf. could u kindly help me.

33. rabia says:

hi samantha,
    i would like to ask if i can use rose hip seed oil for my hyperpigmentation that resulted from popping my pimple and how long will it take to to see the results and i am going to order mine from life flo health. is it fine?