Welcome to the Naked Chemist’s 10 Day detox diet for clear skin.
This is not a medical diet, just a detox we like to recommend to our clients who are looking for a way to kick-start a healthy eating plan.
Before you begin, as an introduction to this gentle cleansing diet, I recommend you read the article, “Principles of the Natural Detox Diet“.
10-day detox diet plan
Choose detoxification fruits such as apple, watermelon, papaya, pineapple, or grapes, to eat throughout the day.
Avoid non-cleansing foods, such as bread, cooked carbohydrates, and starches. Ensure your meals are rich in vegetables, sprouts, and fruit. Make the last meal of the day around six pm, and then only drink herbal tea for the rest of the evening. By doing this, you are giving your liver the opportunity to detoxify.
Day two and three
First thing in the morning, squeeze a lemon into a large cup of warm water and drink. Before showering, carry out dry brushing techniques that will encourage the elimination of toxins that may have built up in the lymph system.
Day four to eight
This part of the diet is designed to allow the detoxification process to continue naturally. The newly-cleansed cells are nourished with all the nutrients required; fortifying and re-balancing the system. The vitamins, minerals, and enzymes from the vegetables and fruits boost sluggish cells into action.
Upon waking, have a lemon drink and body brush
- Breakfast: This is essential, as it encourages the continued rapid elimination of stored wastes. Choose either one detoxification fruit or a combination of two.
- Lunch: Put together a large raw salad with sprouts and seeds, in as many combinations as you wish.
- Dinner: Eat a meal of steamed or stir-fried vegetables using herbs and soy sauce for variety. Lunch and dinner can be interchangeable, depending on what is more convenient.
Day nine to ten
During the last two days, more cooked foods can be introduced into the body cleanse, but the focus of each meal is still on raw, uncooked foods.
Upon waking, still continue with the lemon water and body brush techniques before showering
- Breakfast: This can be nutritious muesli served with nuts, seeds, and yogurt
- Lunch: Enjoy a large, raw salad
- Dinner: Crudités or fresh vegetables can be accompanied by skinless chicken or fish that has been grilled or poached, or you can prepare a vegetable soup made from beans, lentils, grains, and vegetables if you don’t wish to consume meat
Other than raw food or juices, detox drinks can be another option if you’re looking to detox.
The naked truth
This body cleanse is not suitable for someone looking to follow a candida diet, as fruit contains a lot of sugar, and fruit can be quite taxing on the system.
Juicing is not recommended on this particular diet, as you lose the bulk of the fruit and vegetables – an important source of dietary fibre required by the body for health.