You are what you eat
I don’t think I’ve eaten any sexy beasts today!
Welcome to the Naked Chemists Clear skin 10 Day detox diet.
This is not a medical diet, just a detox we like to recommend to our clients, who are looking for something to kick start a healthy eating plan.
Before you begin, as an introduction to this gentle cleansing diet, I recommend you read the article detox diet.
10 Day Detox Diet Plan
Choose a detoxification fruit such as apple, watermelon, papaya, pineapple or grapes, to eat throughout the day.
Avoid non-cleansing foods, such as bread, cooked carbohydrates and starches and ensure your meals are rich in vegetables, sprouts and fruit.
Make the last meal of the day around six pm, and then only drink herbal tea for the rest of the evening, by doing this you are giving your liver the opportunity to detox.
Day Two and Three
First thing in the morning squeeze a lemon into a large cup of warm water and drink.
Before showering, carry out dry brushing techniques which will encourage elimination of toxins that may have built up in the lymph system.
Day Four to Eight
This part of the diet is designed to allow the detoxification process to continue naturally, whilst nourishing the newly cleansed cells with all the nutrients required, fortifying and rebalancing the system.
The vitamins, minerals and enzymes from the vegetables and fruits, boost sluggish cells into action.
- Upon waking have a lemon drink and body brush
- Breakfast: This is essential as it encourages the continued rapid elimination of stored wastes. Choose either one detoxification fruit or a combination of two
- Lunch: Put together a large raw salad with sprouts and seeds, in as many combinations as you wish
- Dinner: Eat a meal of steamed or stir-fry vegetables using herbs and soy sauce for variety, lunch and dinner can be interchangeable depending on what is more convenient
Day Nine to Ten
During the last two days more cooked foods can be introduced into the body cleanse, but the focus of each meal is still on raw uncooked foods.
- Upon waking still continue with the lemon water and body brush techniques before showering
- Breakfast: Can be a nutritious muesli served with nuts and seeds and yogurt
- Lunch: Enjoy a large raw salad
- Dinner: Crudités or fresh vegetables can be accompanied by grilled or poached fish or chicken without the skin, or prepare a vegetable soup made from beans, lentils, grains and vegetables
A note of caution
This body cleanse is not suitable for someone looking to follow a candida diet, as fruit contains a lot of sugar and fruit can be quite taxing on the system.
Juicing is not recommended on this particular diet, as you lose the bulk of the fruit and vegetables, an important source of dietary fibre required by the body for health.