There’s no need to have a mid life crisis.
About your skin when you reach your 40’s.
Many women at this age go on the defensive when it comes to ageing gracefully, instead I recommend you embrace your 40’s and not follow the crowd!
Whilst it’s true, no matter how fastidious we are with our skincare regime, we can’t stop the hands of time,
Our skin naturally starts to lose its lustre, and our skin’s natural moisture levels begin to dry out.
Troublesome fine lines that started to show up in your thirties, will now form into crows feet, forehead wrinkles and furrows between the brows.
Other skin conditions will include the following;
- Loss of elasticity
- Uneven skin tone
- Broken capillaries
- Fine lines and wrinkles
These are just some of the skin conditions that may to start to show.
Skincare Tips In your 40s
- Become a label detective and source effective anti ageing ingredients with no hidden nasties, that may damage delicate skin
- Skin starts to dry out as we reach our 40’s and cellular turnover slows down. Ensure you regularly exfoliate to keep skin healthy and remove the build up of dead skin cells. Regular exfoliation will also boost your skin’s collagen production
- During the night our bodies are at rest, this is the time your skin gets the most benefit from active ingredients, so make sure you are introducing an active formula into your beauty regime at night, one that contains anti ageing cream ingredients
- Look for retinol and antioxidant rich products, which help to reduce signs of premature ageing. These potent ingredients, will help reverse any damage done by free radicals and combat the visible signs of ageing
- Humectants, such as Hyaluronic Acid are a great choice for a mature skin, and help plump out the skin’s tissues
- These skincare tips would not be complete without mentioning how important peels are in your 40’s. Glycolic acid helps to dissolve the build-up of dead skin cells, revealing a bright, healthy skin
Hopefully, by following these skincare tips in your 40s, your skin will continue to have that all over youthful glow.