I find many of my clients, go on the defensive when it comes to ageing gracefully.
Instead I recommend you embrace your 40’s, and not follow the crowd.
Whilst it’s true, no matter how fastidious we are with our skincare regime, we can’t stop the hands of time.
Our skin naturally starts to lose its luster, and our skin’s moisture levels start to dry out.
Troublesome fine lines that started to show up in your 30’s, will now form into crows feet, forehead wrinkles and furrows between the brows.
- Hyper Pigmentation
- Loss of elasticity
- Uneven skin tone
- Sensitivity, redness
- Broken capillaries
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Crows feet
- Thick, sallow skin
These are just some of the skin conditions, that present themselves on the skin as we age.
Which can be distressing for many.
But the real secret to ageing gracefully, is to keep inflammation in your skin to a minimum, which can lead to premature ageing.
Follow the link, to learn how your skin ages.
SKINCARE TIPS IN YOUR 40’S
- Become a label detective,and source effective anti ageing ingredients, with no hidden nasties, that can inflame delicate skin
- Skin starts to dry out as we reach our 40’s and cellular turnover slows down. Ensure you regularly exfoliate to keep your skin healthy. Regular gentle exfoliation, removes the build up of dead skin cells.
- During the night our bodies are at rest, this is the time your skin gets the most benefit from active ingredients, so make sure you are introducing an active formula into your beauty regime at night.
- Look for vitamin C, Retinol and antioxidant rich products, which help to reduce signs of premature ageing. These potent ingredients, will help reverse any damage done by free radicals and combat the visible signs of ageing
- Humectants, such as Hyaluronic Acid and Urea, are a great choice for a mature skin, they keep skin visibly hydrated, and help plump out the skin’s tissues
Hopefully, by following these skincare tips in your 40s, your skin will continue to have that all over youthful glow.