I suffer from an extremely dry skin,
Which is also plagued with underlying sensitivity,
So it was important for me to create a skin care range, that catered for sensitive skin conditions.
One that harnesses the properties of soothing, calming ingredients.
Treating Skin Irritation
A sensitive skin requires extra care and attention,
It needs to be treated with pure, gentle ingredients, that not only help to calm inflammation, but that also help to restore an impaired acid mantle.
Because as with any sensitive skin condition, the skins barrier function has been undermined to some degree.
Why Rose Hip Seed Oil?
Many years ago I was fortunate enough to train with Jan Kusmerick, from Fragrant Earth.
The famous Aromatherapist and Perfumer, behind the successful brand Elemis.
He would often discuss, the important tissue regenerating properties of Rose Hip Seed Oil.
Through his research, he had amazing results on patients with third degree burns in hospitals,
He was able to reverse a lot of the damage done, simply through using high levels of CO2 Rose Hip oil combined with Helichrysum Essential Oil,
Using this combination on new scar tissue, he reportedly had great results.
Rose Hip Seed Oil Facts
- The oil is soothing, healing, repairing and firming
- Rich in Beta-Carotene, Zinc, Citric Acid, Lycophene and Bio Flavonoids
- Rose hips have amazing Antioxidant benefits, preventing oxidation in the skin
- They are an incredible source of vitamins A, D and E as well as Vitamin C. There is something like 1,500 mg of Vitamin C in every 100 grams of dried Rose Hips, which interestingly is higher than oranges
- The oil helps to lock in moisture to the skins tissues, which is important with a sensitive skin, as the skins barrier function has become impaired
For further reading on the properties of this precious oil, follow the link.
So you can see why our formula that contains a unique combination of these ingredients, is the first step in treating a sensitive skin and inflammation,
And why, this is one ingredient we can’t afford to overlook, when treating a sensitive skin.x