Lip balms are extremely nourishing and effective.
Helping to soothe sore, chapped lips.
I have put together a selection of my best lip balm formulas, that you can feel free to use at home.
BEST LIP BALM RECIPES
Cinnamon & Orange Lip Balm
I really like the delicate hint of Orange and Cinnamon in this recipe.
That combined with healing anti microbial honey, creates the best lip balm for dry lips.
You can also customise it yourself, depending on your mood and personality, feel free to switch out your essential oils to suit.
12g Beeswax pellets
30 ml Calendula oil
4 tbsp Sweet almond oil
2 tbsp Apricot kernel Oil
2 Vitamin E capsules
1 drop Liquid honey
3 drops Orange essential oil
2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- Heat the base oil ingredients into the double boiler
- Once melted add the honey and beeswax pellets
- Whilst this is melting gently prick open a vitamin E capsule and squeeze the contents into the oils
- When everything has melted you can then add the essential oils, and stir everything together
- Pour into the small glass jar containers allowing to cool for 10 minutes
Rose & Geranium Lip balm
This is the best lip balm recipe, if you are wanting to create a smooth and sultry balm.
It combines a mixture of natural plant botanical oils, with the heady fragrance of lovely Rose.
The end result is a nice tinted lip balm, which is due to the natural Alkanet root.
6 grams Jojoba oil
4 grams Almond oil
4 grams Rose hip seed oil
7 grams Organic beeswax
1 Vitamin E capsule
6 grams Natural Alkanet oil
2 drops Rose essential oil
2 drops Geranium essential oil
- Using the double boiler method, heat up all the ingredients except for the delicate essential oils
- Once all the wax has melted, take the ingredients off the heat and add the essential oils
- Prick open the vitamin E capsule and squeeze the contents into the oils
- Carefully transfer your ingredients into the lip balm tubes or jars and apply accordingly
If you would like to create more wonderful lip balm recipes, then follow this link on how to make lip gloss.