Making home made skincare lotions is an art.
You also need to be meticulous about everything you do.
Ensure everything is perfectly clean and free from clutter.
Yesterday, we discussed the ingredients involved when creating simple skincare lotions.
Tomorrow in step 8, we will give you a complete breakdown of the formulating process, which you can read all about here.
For the purpose of today we are going to be looking at the equipment you need, and how you can put that all together in an organised format.
Simple Skincare Lotions
Preparing the Workplace Area
Plan on having three separate work areas available, this will help you to stay organized when there is a lot going on.
- Have at least five containers at hand
- Dropper to dispense small amounts of liquid
- Mini measuring jugs for dispensing small amounts of essential oils, additives and antioxidants
- Cleaning cloths
- Recipe books, so that you can make any amendments to your skincare lotions, its always advisable to keep a log of what works and doesn’t work
- You may also want to keep a note of temperature ranges
- Selection of large and small containers for mixing
- Selection of spoons
- Large shallow pot with cold water
- Containers and their lids
- Funnels or any dispensing equipment
- Syringes for filling
Before you begin formulating your natural skincare lotions, ensure the area is free from any items of food or contamination.
It is also important to consider your own personal hygiene methods to prevent cross contamination.
Wearing a lab coat, hair net and gloves when possible.
For a more comprehensive guide to hygiene in the workplace and keeping bacteria and mould at bay, you may find the article on sanitization methods useful.