Phytosteroyls have so many amazing properties.
They contain gorgeous fatty acids, potent antioxidants, anti inflammatory’s and ceramides, and because they are fat loving, they pass easily though the skins lipid layer, offering a massive moisture boost.
Their also rich in essential fatty acids including omega 3,6 and 9, which help to strengthen the skins barrier function and stabilise your skins natural oil production.
Isn’t it wonderful how Mother Nature provides us with everything our skin needs.
The best oil for face
- Baobab oil
- Sesame oil
- Coconut oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Borage seed oil
- Carrot tissue oil
- Apricot kernel oil a lovely light oil for sensitive skin
- Pomegranate seed oil has an interesting fatty acid profile
- Rice bran oil is another great oil, that contains natural squalene
- Macadamia is a medium weight oil of low comedogenicity and wonderful for the face, especially a dry, mature skin type
- Olive Oil is a rich, heavy oil that contains natural squalene, making it a great inclusion for a dry, inflamed skin. This oil works as a natural humectant, bringing hydration to the skin’s tissues. The lovely thing about olive oil, is that it won’t block the natural function of your skin, working as a breathable barrier instead
- Avocado Oil is rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, and minerals, lecithin, squalene and fatty acids, making it one of the best oil for face. It also has low comedogenicity and a shelf life, of over a year
- Sunflower Oil is a light weight, low comedogenic oil, that is great for photo damaged, mature, dry and sensitive skin types. It has some really wonderful emollient properties, due to the fact that it is rich in essential Fatty Acids. It has a shelf life of between 6 to 9 months
In my formulas I use these oils in a combination for really dry skinned gals.
I also add some lovely occlusive ingredients into the mix for that added moisture boost.
There are far to many to mention here in one go, so if you’d like further information my plantascription articles are a great place to start; check out the one for a dry skin.