Shhhh, I want to let you into a little beauty secret.
Macadamia oil, should be the most praised beautifying oil of all.
It truly has a really wonderful affinity with the skin, both topically and internally.
Each precious drop is so rich in essential fatty acids, it will have your skin crying out for more.
Not convinced? Then join me Samantha, as I introduce you into one of nature’s best kept secrets, enjoy.
Properties of Macadamia Nut Oil
- A light weight, medium nutty oil
- Its chemical profile is very similar to that of human sebum
- It is a very stable oil, with a shelf life of up to two years
- It’s perfect for heart health as it contains the perfect balance of essential fatty acids
- It has a non greasy feel on the skin, which gives the oil a nice workable film
- Its Palmitoleic and Oleic Acid profile, makes it the perfect choice for a mature or dry skin
- Phytosterols are protective, aiding in skin recovery. Phytosterols act like cortisone on the skin, helping to reduce itchiness and inflammation
- The Linoleic Fatty Acid content, makes it great for a parched, dehydrated skin, that has difficulty retaining moisture
Macadamia Nut Oil Profile
Lets take a closer look, at this oils interesting Fatty Acid profile:
Palmitoleic acid: The oil contains one of the highest sources of Palmitoleic Fatty Acids, between 16 to 23%.
Palmitoleic is vital for delaying skin and premature ageing; As our skin ages it rapidly becomes depleted in this important fatty acid, which is why Macadamia is the perfect inclusion for mature skin types.
By applying the oil topically, you will improve your skin’s palmitoleic acid levels, this decreases the rate your skin will deteriorate, keeping it taut and discouraging wrinkles from forming.
Oleic acid: This Fatty Acid gives Macadamia Nut Oil its fantastic regeneration and moisturising properties.
Linoleic acid: This is a wonderful fatty acid, that helps to prevent trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) from the skins delicate tissues.
High in phytosterols: These have a real affinity with the skin, plant phytosterols are the building blocks of our cellular membrane and structure.
Sterols work the same way that cholesterol does in our skin, which is one of the reasons why Macadamia nut oil has great skin penetration abilities.
Phytosterols are also calming and healing, which is why it is known to help repair the skin’s barrier function.
Fatty Acid profile
C12:0 st Lauric Acid Traces
C14:0 st Myrsitc acid 0.4 -1.6%
C160: st palmitic Acid 7-10%
C16:1 mo palmitolecic acid 16 -23%
C18:0 st syteric Acid 1.5 – 5%
C181 mo Oleic Acid 54-63%
C18:2 pu Linoleic acid 1-3%
C20:0 st Arachidic Acid 1.5 -3%
C20:1 mo Eicosenoic Acid 1-3%
Beautifying Skin From the Inside
So if our motto at the Naked Chemist is “what goes on goes in,” then this has to be true for Macadamia nut oil, containing all those beneficial fatty acids right?
The short answer is yes, whenever you consume this oil your giving yourself a big health boost.
Oleic acid: Protects the heart from disease and reduces cholesterol levels.
The very fact that it is low in saturated fat, but rich in the the all important mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids, is what makes it so heart healthy.
Macadamia nut oil contains the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids, that are not naturally created by the body.
Not only applying Macadamia Nut Oil topically, but regularly taking it internally will help achieve that crucial essential fatty acids balance, your diet requires for health.
Palmitoleic acid: This fatty acid is a potent antioxidant, which is known to support healthy cell membranes, hydrating the skin and supporting skin healing.
So go I dare you, smear it on…and feel the Macadamia Nut love.
The Naked Truth
So just to recap on the beneficial fatty acid profile, of this all important oil…
- Oleic Acid is really moisturising and anti-inflammatory, making it a great choice for a dry, sensitive skin types
- Linoleic Acid restores the skin’s barrier function and keeps skin hydrated.
- Palmitoleic Acid is extremely healing
- Phytosterols found in the oil act as a penetration enhancer, delivering the all important benefits to the deeper layers of your skin
- It contains the perfect 1-to-1 ratio of Essential Fatty Acids, making it perfect for internal use and heart health
As you can see, it provides all the building blocks necessary for your skin.
All hail Macadamia..no wonder it’s our HERO product..x